The Land Development Corporation has engaged Clouston Associates, an award winning Territory based landscape architect, to produce concepts for the park in Kilgariff Estate Stage 2. The park is centrally located within Stage 2 and will be delivered with the next land release. The concept is provided below and we are now seeking your input and comments on the concept.
The park concept seeks to embody the unique landscape of Alice Springs, provide a public realm that responds to the Central Australian environment and creates an interesting community meeting space. The park provides over 4000m2 of space with the current concept incorporating facilities that appeal to a wide cross section of the community, including:
- A central activity area promoting intergenerational use, for activities such as community meeting, kicking the footy, exercising, walking, picnics, children play areas.
- Areas to meet under shade.
- A central lawn area.
In order to progress the concept to detailed design, LDC will work closely with Alice Springs Town Council to ensure the park is in accordance with the open space guidelines. Following the development process, it is intended for the local park to be handed over to Council for ongoing management. Consultation with Council and other authorities is currently underway.
The next important step in finalising the park design, is ensuring that users have the opportunity to comment on the park concept. Your thoughts on the layout and facilities are important to us and would be appreciated.
- The park provides facilities for a number of users across generations, including exercise equipment for all ages, children’s play and a grassed area for activities such as kicking the footy or soccer ball. Would you like to see one of these areas utilised for another use, for example a quarter court for netball and basketball?
- Would you like to see more shaded areas within the park?
- Would you like to see some bike racks?
Please use the Get in touch link to make your comments and we appreciate your valuable input into making Kilgariff Estate a special place.